Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More help from my friends.

As we reach the one-week-to departure date, the support has continued to come in!

Rebecca at Eastern Mountain Sports has continued to go way beyond the call of duty and provide us with lots of essentials and some treats for our trip. She has helped us get in contact with the right people that have been just as psyched about the trip as we are. We cannot thank her enough for all the help she has provided us!

Recently, while riding up at the Kingdom Trails in Vermont, I tried a new electrolyte replacement tablet that I really liked. Its a new product called Nuun (pronounced noon) and I felt it really helped prevent me from cramping up on a 6+ hour ride. I raced up every hill we encountered (I cannot say Nuun directly helped with that) and felt no cramping or fatigue (Nuun definitely had a hand in that!). So far I have tried the Lemon Lime and Tri-Berry flavors and have enjoyed them both. All I do is fill up my bottle with water, pop one in and BAM its all mixed and ready to drink in a couple of minutes. I have a few friends that use it hiking and enjoy the sensation of not being sore when they get back to the car. The best part is, there is no sugar so you don't get that bell curve rush of energy and it doesn't pollute your Camelbak. Thank to Jack and Tim at Nuun for helping us on our quest to stay hydrated on the 2700 mile journey!



I also want to thank all my friends and family that have come in with stories and wishes of luck. My friends at Eastern Mountain Sports that have been so understanding when I take a long weekend to ride or when I show up to work in my spandex. The support has been awesome and now the time is getting near to journey into the wilderness!



1 comment:

Ray Walters said...

Keith, your page looks great. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts as the trip progresses. Did I say I was jealous? Good luck and have a great trip. BTW, the Ted looks pretty cool in its extra-long, stretch limo mode.

Ray